Real aficionados will find this so very easy but casual readers . . . not so much. Answers in a few days.
1) Which Hemingway novel(s) were made into movies (Check all applicable)
- The Sun Also Rises
- Old Man and the Sea
- For Whom the Bell Tolls
- A Farewell to Arms
2) Number of wives
Bonus point for first names
3) What was Hemingway’s nickname for the Nobel Prize for Literature?
4) What animals populated his Cuban home?
5) As a writer, was the Hemingway the type to:
- get it down right the first time with few revisions or
- did he revise extensively
6) Famous couples in his books
- Jake and ?
- Robert Jordan and ?
- Frederic and ?
- the Colonel and ?
7) What was Hemingway’s personal nickname from the time he was 27?
8) Which book was Hemingway’s memoir and love story to the city of Paris?
9) In what state was Hemingway born?
10) In what state did Hemingway die?
11) Where do Hemingway’s original papers and most of his memorabilia reside?
12) To whom did Hemingway say “Never mistake movement for action.”
13) Who was Hemingway’s closest Hollywood friend, starred in one of his movies, and who “made it to the barn” (their slang for ‘died’) before Hem, much to Hemingway’s grief.
14) Who said that Hemingway needs a new woman for each new book?